Jamaica Travel Tips
It is important that you observe Jamaica travel tips and for any location you plan to visit for vacation, a romantic getaway or for business. Your safety is important and should be your first priority anywhere you go.
Get the news on whats happening in the location, the weather, places to go, foods to eat and where to stay.
For a safe, fun-filled trip the following should practiced:
- Get information on what the weather is like so you can pack accordingly.
- Plan your activities so that you can make the right decisions and have a stress/hassle free time.
- Book your stay ahead of arriving as there are times when the hotels are booked to capacity.
- Take 2 forms of identification with you at all times. You can take along copies if you are afraid you will lose them.
- Follow all rules and guides for yours and the safety of others.
- Stay in groups if you are unsure of what to do or where to go. Do not wander off from your tour guide.
- Do not walk around with your valuables or large amounts of cash.
- Keep your possessions in your sight at all times.
- Ensure that your close family and or friend knows of your location and your activities should they need to try and make contact with you.
- Take along any medication that you might need throughout the days and advise your travel guide of any health condition that would need constant supervision. If this is the case there are certain tours that are not recommended. Don't be sad, there are lots of activities for everyone in Jamaica.
- Dress appropriately and comfortably.
- Keep your children and family members close to you at all times.
- Check the Cambio or commercial banks to assist with currency exchange. The rates vary daily and the Jamaican dollar is our currency. There are ATMs that accept international cards, traveller's cheques are accepted at some locals business. However, you may have them changed at the bank.
- You can book your vacation through a travel Agent and save yourself the hassle of searching through hundreds of places to visit. Travel Agents are very knowledgeable of the various hotels and attractions. Once you provide them with details on what you like they can provide recommendations and information for you to make decisions. They will even provide you with Jamaica travel tips for your trip.
More Jamaica Travel tips for your trip
A visit to the paradise island of Jamaica is a must do. Come visit the beautiful island in the sun, walk on one of our white sandy beaches, take a swim in the crystal cool water, meet some of the warmest people on earth, become one with nature, have a romantic getaway. Find other interesting things to here.
We will not dictate to you where to go or what to do, as each person has different preferences. We will provide you with details on the different attractions and make recommendations.
We hope that our travel tips were helpful in the planning of your vacation.
Places to visit and things to do
Attractions In Jamaica
Historical Sites in Jamaica
Things to do in Jamaica
Learn more about Jamaica here
Return to Home page from Jamaica Travel tips